How to choose a website name for your business
- How to create a catchy website name?
- How do I pick a name for my business?
- Does your website have to match your business name?
- What is the difference between a domain name and a business name?
- How much does a domain name cost?
- Is Google domains better than GoDaddy?
- Can I buy a domain name without hosting?
- Can I buy domain for lifetime?
How to create a catchy website name?
- Make your blog name as short as possible.
- Don’t use words that are easy to misspell.
- Buy a .com domain name.
- Use your main keywords in it if you can.
- Make your blog name easy to remember – great for direct traffic.
- Stay away from hyphens and numbers.
How do I pick a name for my business?
- Avoid hard-to-spell names.
- Don’t pick a name that could be limiting as your business grows.
- Conduct a thorough Internet search.
- Get the .com domain name.
- Use a name that conveys some meaning.
- Conduct a trademark search.
Does your website have to match your business name?
While matching a business name to a domain name was once thought to be essential, today it’s much less relevant. “About 90% of our clients get it that it is OK not to have the exact same domain name, but the start-ups, especially, don’t get it,” said Alexandra Watkins in a recent knowledge@wharton interview.
What is the difference between a domain name and a business name?
Domain names are typically registered by ICANN-accredited registrars. Because of this centralized registration process, domain names are different from both business names and trademarks because the rightful owner of the domain name can generally prohibit someone else from using it without involving the courts.
How much does a domain name cost?
Domains start at £5/year. This just just for registering your domain name. Now you need a website and a hosting plan to store and publish your website files. Hosting prices range from as little as few £££ up to hundreds of thousands when there is a lot of traffic and sales.
Is Google domains better than GoDaddy?
With Google Domains, things are a bit more standardized, and what you see is what you get. While GoDaddy might be better for quickly trying out a new website idea; Google Domains could be better in the long run.
Can I buy a domain name without hosting?
Yes, you can buy a domain name without hosting. You don’t need a hosting provider to register your domain name. If your preferred domain name is available, you can buy it by paying a fee and registering it with a domain registrar.
Can I buy domain for lifetime?
Yes, now ten years is nothing compared to a lifetime domain name, but that’s the maximum you could actually get. ICANN only allows purchasing domain names for a period of no more than 10 years.